Athens Mini Storage has been serving the Athens community, local businesses and Ohio University since 1981. We offer affordable storage solutions for all of your personal or business needs. We are dedicated to providing our customers with professional and courteous service. Please call us today for a tour of our facility!
Storage Unit Features
- 9 Different Sizes
- Month-to-Month Rental (Sep-Apr)
- 4 Month Minimum Rental (May-Aug)
- No Deposit or Sign-up Fee
- First Month's Rent Prorated
- High Security Disc Lock Provided
- 24-Hour Access, 7 Days a Week
- Clean and Dry Units
- High Ceilings
- Interior Lights
- Convenient Drive-Up Units
- Indoor Units (5x5 and 5x14)
- Conveniently Located on East State Street
- Athens Ohio's First and Largest Mini Storage
- Well-Maintained Facility
- Daily Security Checks
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Boxes and Storage Supplies Available
- VISA and MasterCard Accepted
- Automatic Credit Card Plan Available
- Long-Term Discounts
- Invoicing Available for Businesses
- Excellent Exterior Lighting
- Office Hours by Appointment
Storage Unit Sizes and Rates
| SIZE || RENT || SALES |
| Square |
| Size |
|5 x 5 ||28.00 ||1.96 ||$29.96 ||25 ||Hall Closet |
|5 x 10 ||38.00 ||2.66 ||$40.66 ||50 ||Walk-In Closet |
|5 x 14 ||48.00 ||3.36 ||$51.36 ||70 ||Large Walk-In Closet |
|10 x 10 ||58.00 ||4.06 ||$62.06 ||100 ||Small Bedroom |
|10 x 15 ||68.00 ||4.76 ||$72.76 ||150 ||Large Bedroom |
|10 x 20 ||85.00 ||5.95 ||$90.95 ||200 ||One-Car Garage |
|10 x 24 ||95.00 ||6.65 ||$101.65 ||240 ||Large One-Car Garage |
|10 x 30 ||105.00 ||7.35 ||$112.35 ||300 ||Extra-Large One-Car Garage |
|10 x 40 ||145.00 ||10.15 ||$155.15 ||400 ||Two-Car Garage |
Athens Mini Storage accepts Cash, Checks, Money Orders, VISA or MasterCard. Also, an Automatic Credit Card Payment Plan is available for your convenience. This service automatically processes your payment each month.
Please mail payments, including Storage Unit # to:
Athens Mini Storage - P.O. Box 128 - Athens, Ohio 45701
Athens Mini Storage is conveniently located at 2010 East State Street, Athens, Ohio. We are just 1 mile East of Wal-Mart near the Super 8 Motel and Holzer Clinic.
Map your way to our location. Simply enter your information below, and get driving directions from MapQuest from any location to our facility.
How do I contact you?
Please call us at (740) 594-6464 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where are you located?
We are conveniently located at 2010 E. State Street in Athens, Ohio.
What are your office hours?
Our office hours are by appointment only. Just call us to schedule an appointment time.
What size unit will I need?
We offer 9 different sizes! Please refer to our “Size Comparison” or let us know what you’re storing and we can give you expert advice on the size you need.
Do you charge a deposit?
No, we do not charge a deposit!
Do you charge a sign-up fee?
No, we do not charge a sign-up fee!
Do I have to pay a full month’s rent the first month?
No, we will prorate the first month’s rent, so you only pay for the exact number of days left in the current month.
How long is the rental agreement?
Rental Agreements are month-to-month during September - April. There is a 4 month minimum rental during May - August. All Rental Agreements automatically renew on the 1st day of each month.
How long does it take to rent a storage unit?
The entire process typically takes less than 15 minutes. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
What kind of documentation do I need to rent a unit?
A valid driver’s license or a photo ID is required.
Do I need insurance?
Yes, insurance is your responsibility. Please check with your Insurance Agent because you may already be covered by your Homeowners or Renters Insurance.
Do I get a lock when I rent a unit?
Yes, we provide a High Security Disc lock at no charge for you to use during your stay.
Who has a key to my storage unit?
Only you have a key to your unit. We do not keep a key.
What happens if I lose the key to my lock?
A professional will be called in to remove your lock for a $25.00 fee.
When is rent due?
Rent is due on the 1st of each month. A late fee of $10.00 will be charged after the 10th of the month.
What are my payment options?
We accept Cach, Check, Money Orders, VISA or MasterCard.
How do I make a payment?
Please mail payments to Athens Mini Storage, P.O. Box 128, Athens, OH 45701 or call us to pay with a credit card.
Do you offer an Automatic Credit Card Payment Plan?
Yes, you can sign up for our Automatic Credit Card Payment Plan. This ensures your payment is received on time every month.
Will you send an invoice to my business?
Yes, monthly invoicing is an option for businesses.
Do you sell boxes and storage supplies?
Yes, we have a full line of supplies to help protect your items during storage. We offer boxes that are specifically sized to make stacking in your unit easier. We sell tape, furniture covers, bubble wrap, packing supplies and many other specialty items.
Can I change the size of my unit?
Yes, changing your storage size is easy, just give us a call to see if a larger or smaller unit is available.
When can I access my unit?
We offer 24-hour access, 7 days a week.
Do you offer any specials for summer rental?
Yes, we offer a “Summer Special” every year. The special includes the month of April FREE. You pay for May - August only. We start taking reservations on April 1st.
Do you offer long-term discounts?
Yes, if you rent for a year, the 12th month is FREE.
Do you have any packing and storing tips?
- Do not use printed newspaper for packing as the ink may smudge on your items.
- Tightly seal boxes with packing tape.
- Label boxes for easy identification.
- Fill boxes completely to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Pack books flat and in small boxes so the box is not too heavy.
- Use lots of packing material to pack dishes and glassware.
- Place plastic on the floor to provide a barrier between your items and the concrete.
- Place frequently used items near the door.
- Create an aisle if you need access to all items.
- Do not store food, pet food or anything combustible.
- Use plastic covers to protect against dust (mattresses, sofas, chairs).
- Appliances should be clean and dry with the door ajar.
- Stack boxes to take advantage of the unit height.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier ones.
What do I do when I move out?
There is no need to sign out or check out, just leave the lock and key inside the unit on the floor and close the door.
Does Athens Mini Storage have a guarantee? Yes, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied within the first seven days of signing your Rental Agreement, we will refund your money and void your Rental Agreement.
To schedule an appointment to rent a unit, tour our facility or to check on availability, please call us today at
(740) 594-6464 or e-mail us at email@example.com. We look forward to serving you!